The Comets' Tale

The Dawg Pound Bracket

The Comets' Tale's Dawg Pound picked their final four for the NCAA March Madness Tournament

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Dawg Pound Bracket

As March Madness takes over, lots of people are creating brackets to predict how the tournament will go.

Illustration by Jonathan Callison

Illustration by Jonathan Callison

Illustration by Jonathan Callison

Brody Conaty, Opinion Editor

Duke- This years Vegas favorites to win the tournament is the Duke Blue Devils. With their freshman phenom trio of R.J. Barrett, Cam Reddish, and Zion Williamson, the Blue Devils are primes for a deep run in March. Their only legitimate challenges in the East bracket are the Spartans of Michigan State and the Virginia Tech Hokies. Expect to see Duke in Minneapolis come April

Carolina- The Tar Heels are no stranger to March as they have made deep runs in the tournament almost every year. With the fast explosive offense centered around Coby White, North Carolina thrives on their fast break offense and suffocating defense. The Tar Heels also have experience it takes to win big games in the tournament. Seniors Luke Maye and Cam Johnson have been around the block once or twice and should be ready to help lead this team to Minneapolis

Tennessee- Tennessee has been near the top of the rankings this entire season making them an obvious choice to reach the Final 4. Behind the senior leadership of the two superstars Grant Williams and Admiral Schofield. Williams is a force to any team in the post and has the capability to get the Volunteers a bucket almost on demand. With that kind of consistent scoring and a fairly easy road to Minneapolis, we predict that the Volunteers will be still in the hunt deep into the tournament.

Texas Tech- The Red raiders have become a successful basketball program over the past couple years under the leadership of Chris Beard. Texas Tech has a wide arsenal of weapons headlined by the NBA draft prospect Jarrett Culver. Texas Tech has one of the largest point differential’s out of all the teams in the tournament and the Red Raiders were able to light up the scoreboard as well as suffocate the opponents with their athleticism and size on defense. Given all these factors, Texas Tech is primed to make their first trip to the Final 4 in program history.

About the Writer
Brody Conaty, Opinion Editor

Contact Me: [email protected]

Brody is a GLHS senior and has been on the newspaper staff for two years now. Brody is the opinion editor for the Comets...