The Spooky Pets of Grand Ledge High School

Students+at+Grand+Ledge+high+school+are+planning+to+dress+up+their+pets+this+Halloween.+While+Halloween+is+usually+a+time+to+get+scared%2C+most+of+these+pets+made+people+feel+the+opposite.+

Photo by Nancy Lonberger/Courtesy Photo

Students at Grand Ledge high school are planning to dress up their pets this Halloween. While Halloween is usually a time to get scared, most of these pets made people feel the opposite.

Rilee Lonberger, Staff Writer

Milo is dressed up in his favorite spooky pumpkin shirt. Sophomore Makayla Magoon’s cat Milo, was originally going to be a bee, but decided the costume didn’t fit his taste. Milo was originally a rescue cat, but he now enjoys his current home playing tag with his dog roommates every day. He is also a bicolor cat which is a type of cat breed.  

Sophomore Catie Stevenson is the proud owner of Zeus. Zeus, who is a German Shepherd, forgot about Halloween, deciding to dress up as a reindeer to get a head start on Christmas. When he isn’t dressed up as a reindeer, he can often be found biting people’s ankles.

Catie Stevenson also owns a cat named Bear, who decided to dress up as a pumpkin. Unlike most cats, Bear was born with a birth defect that gave him thumbs, which ended up helping him put on his pumpkin costume. Bear’s tail is also a bit different, with it being an extremely short nub. He also likes to rub visitors’ heads and then chew on their hair.

Georgia, Junior Kaden Nowak’s pet, chose to dress as a cute panda bear this year. Pandas are much larger than Pomeranian dogs, but most people agree Georgia is much softer than one. She also enjoys fending off geese from her backyard when they get a little too close for comfort. When not defending her backyard, she will often go on bike rides with her owners by sitting in a little basket attached to the front of their bicycle.

Sophomore Ella Didion’s cat, Chewie, went with a realistic octopus costume this season. Legend has it that Chewie is as old as the Kraken, but with much more sass. Chewie is eleven years old, which is around sixty years old in human years.