The Passing of Queen Elizabeth II

Isabella Dionise, Co-Editor-in-Chief

“While we may have more still to endure, better days will return: we will be with our friends again; we will be with our families again; we will meet again.” -Queen Elizabeth II said to a grieving and fear-stricken country being torn apart by covid.
On September 8th, 2022 the queen of England passed away at the age of 96.
Queen Elizabeth was the head ruler of England for 70 years, making her the longest ruler in the monarchy’s history. Between Princess Diana’s death, Harry and Meghan’s step down from royalty, and their later allegations against the royal family, Queen Elizabeth has gone through her share of royal scandals, and her death leaves a ripple of its own.
Students at Grand Ledge have a lot to say about the queen’s sudden death.
“It hasn’t impacted me personally but she was such an important role in women’s history because she was a young woman and she probably faced a lot of criticism just for being a woman in a male dominated world,” Maddie Coscarelli, a senior at Grand Ledge stated.
The queen’s funeral was on September 19th, 2022. The funeral parade stretched from Westminster hall to Westminster Abbey.
Now that the queen has passed, Charles was crowned king, with his wife Camilla as queen consort. After his death, Prince William will receive the title of king.
Brendon Marsh, another senior at Grand Ledge, remarked, “The queen has been a world icon for close to 3 generations, and she will go down in history as one of, if not the best monarch in history”