Fall Fashion Favorites

Students at GLHS share their favorite fall outfits to wear when the weather gets colder

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fall Fashion Favorites

Fall leaves paint the skies of Grand Ledge. Grand Ledge students take advantage of the season to wear their favorite fall fashions.

Photo by Brandon Foy/The Comets' Tale

Photo by Brandon Foy/The Comets' Tale

Photo by Brandon Foy/The Comets' Tale

Brandon Foy, Editor-in-Chief

Photos by Brandon Foy/The Comets’ Tale

Senior Emily Winkler in her favorite fall scarf. Winkler got her scarf from Shoe Carnival, and loves to sport it as soon as the weather changes. “I was very surprised to find such a cute scarf at a store like Shoe Carnival, but I’m very glad I found it,” Winkler said.

For Freshman Jaimee Winkler, fall is her favorite season to wear her Doc Martens. Winkler and her sister Emily share the boots and wear them as frequently as they can. “I love my boots because they’re very fashionable, and fit my style very well,” Winkler said.

Carhartt beanies became popular last winter, and have already started making a reappearance this year. Junior Elizabth Lopez has one in white, and she enjoys wearing it on cold days.

For Senior Abby Kennaugh, cabin socks are a must when the weather turns colder. Cabin socks work with any outfit, whether it be Birkenstocks, boots, or high tops. “I personally like wearing vans with my cabin socks because it is a cute combination,” Kennaugh said.

Big sweaters have always been a favorite. Senior Mandy Williams loves her sherpa, which she got as a Christmas present last year from Target.

Flannel shirts have been around for what seems like forever, but typically become popular as fall comes to life. If Senior Brandon Foy could wear his flannels every day of fall, he would, as they are comfortable yet cute.