Holidays With Hallmark

Braelyn Jackson-Pointer, Staff Writer

The Holidays are a time for food, music, movies and family. Most importantly, the movies on the Hallmark Channel. The Hallmark Channel features Holiday and Christmas movies from November through December, also having Christmas in July during the Summer.

“Hallmark movies are so fun to watch because they’re so predictable. It’s fun to comment while you’re watching,” said Aditi Kamath, a Sophomore at GLHS.

Hallmark movies are famous for their repetition. It is almost a given that when you start the movie you know who ends up with who. It always starts with a girl who loves Christmas who meets a guy who doesn’t.

“My favorite cliche is when a big city girl goes to a small town then meets a country guy who ends up being her long lost childhood best friend,” stated Kamath.

Cliches are a must in any Hallmark movie; If it doesn’t have some cheesy storyline, then is it really a Hallmark movie? Again it is always either a big city girl who goes to a small town or a big city girl who goes back to her small hometown for the holidays. Then she ends up meeting the love of her life when she goes and abandons city life.

“My mom and I like to watch Hallmark movies every year on the couch with some hot chocolate,” Kamath said.

The only right way to watch a Hallmark movie is on the couch with some hot coco and the fireplace going. Being in that cozy setting makes watching the movies so much more fun. It sometimes makes you feel like you are actually in the movie.

Hallmark releases their new movies every Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 10 p.m. There are going to be a total of 30 new Hallmark movies coming out this season. The newest movies that come out are Sister Swap: A Hometown Holiday that comes out on Dec. 5 and next Saturday on the 12, the sequel Sister Swap: Christmas in the City will premiere. Make sure to tune in on the weekends for a new movie and a whole lot of fun.